Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scary Incident

This post falls under the for journal purposes category.

Yesterday I woke up and to my dismay had caught the stomach bug that has been making it's way through our house. Trent was back at work so Madyson became head babysitter. I was hoping that as the day went on I would start to feel better but it only got worse. Around 4:00 I called to see if Madyson could play w/Brayden at my neighbors because he was all over me. Then things went down hill. After yet another trip to the bathroom my hand and feet started tingling. After a few minutes they went totally numb and I could not move them. My stomach was cramping unbearably and I couldn't move. I was starting to get pretty freaked out. I couldn't get to a phone so made my way to the front door. I finally got the kids attention, luckily the boys were playing outside. They ran and got the neighbor who in a panic rushed me to the emergency room. I have never been so excited to have someone put an IV in my arm as I was last night. All I could think was just stick it in and give me some drugs. Thank goodness they work quick. Once they kicked in I was finally coherent again and I started to feel much better.


Luckily it turned out the I had a full blown hemorrhagic UTI. The numbness was caused be dehydration and shock and thank goodness it quickly wore off. After a few bags of fluid and a stack of prescriptions they sent me on my way. I vaguely remember leaving the hospital and couldn't figure out where I was when Trent's alarm went off this morning. Whatever they gave me really knocked me out!

Thankfully with antibiotics and this miracle they call sleep I am feeling much better today.
Poor Preston was so upset last night and was crying because he thought it was his fault I had to go to the hospital. He was the first on to get sick so he was thought it was his fault. I have been trying to explain that he did not make me sick and that what I have is not contagious but he's still not totally convinced

I am so thankful for my neighbors who got me to the hospital and took care of my kids, helped clean my house and got the kids dinner. My mom (who happened to be coming into town last night) for staying with the kids and taking care of my house that had been destroyed while they had free reign, and my sister for taking the kids today and getting groceries.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! I hope you're doing better! That is pretty scary!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Oh Angie! I am so sorry you were so sick!!! I wish you lived next door so I could help you! I'm so glad you have such wonderful people in your life who were there to help! You of all people deserve wonderful people surrounding you because you are so very wonderful to all! Please take it easy & get all the way well soon!

Janna said...

That IS scary! I'm glad that you were able to get to the door and get the kids' attention. And thank goodness for readily available neighbors. And mom's who happen to be in town when you need them.

I hope that you guys are feeling better and all done with illnesses for a while!