Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Reward: Missing Elephant


So yesterday the unthinkable happened. Elle is missing. The elephant that Brayden has been attached to since he started sleeping in his crib is gone.
I had to wake Brayden up to go to Madyson's party at school. I put him in the car with his elephant to try and help calm him down. When we got to the school I made him leave it in the car so that it would not get lost. After school we went to gymnastics and then came home. At bedtime I asked Trent to get Elle out of the car so Brayden could go to bed. He came back and told me it wasn't there. I told him it had to be and went to find it myself. After tearing the car apart I came up empty handed. It was gone. We had to put him to bed without it last night and he cried and cried.
I was sure that I would be able to find it because we had only been two places so I got in the car and went go rescue her. After searching the parking lot at the school I went to Oklahoma Gold sure I would find it laying in the parking lot there. It was not there. Someone was still in the gym so I went in and checked the lost and found but still nothing.
In the middle of the night last night Brayden woke up crying so I went in and picked him up. He just kept reaching out waiting for me to hand him his elephant. It was so sad he was just screaming and reaching. He finally went back to sleep with no elephant. I'm sure he will eventually forget about it but I am so sad that it is gone. None of the kids have ever been really attached to anything and it was so cute to watch him cling to his elephant and suck on the hat. He loved the ball on the end of it. I guess I shouldn't have broken my own rule that Elle doesn't leave the house because she will get lost.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Poor Brayden! That's so sad! I hope it still turns up!

Kimberly said...

So sad :( I hope they still make those eleephants. It's not quite as easy to repalce as the dime a dozed binkis.

A Farmer's Wife said...

This is the exact reason that Cy has 6 cows. If we ever lose them we are in TROUBLE!

Angela said...

I completely understand. Michelle's Kitty has now been missing for 27 hours. Fortunately she's older and at least went to sleep with only a low whimpering. The next creature he gets attached to make sure you have 3 extras and switch them often so they have the same wear on them. When Gabriella's Dotty went missing I tried giving her the extra one but because it was too new she wouldn't accept it.

Good luck with Brayden.

Jen said...

This is the saddest story. We'll be on the lookout!

Jennie's bunch said...

I hope he turns up!! How sad!!

Jolley Family said...

That is so sad! Can you find a new one? Loved all the posts and the family photo you posted! Miss you guys! Can't believe how big Austin and Mads are!