Monday, December 8, 2008

Kids in the kitchen

Last week I got so tired of coming up with and idea for dinner and fixing it by myself that I told the kids they were each going to cook dinner one night. They were thrilled with the idea! They each got to decide what they would fix and what they would need to cook it. On their night they had to cook and clean up. I wasn't sure how it would all turn out but it was wonderful. They had so much fun and it was great to have a bit of a break from the normal meal time routine.

Madyson made her favorite taco rolls and escaped with just a small burn on her finger.

Austin barbecued hamburgers and made french fries. He is becoming quite the backyard bbq king!

Preston made chicken quesadillas and spanish rice

Thanks for the great food and a break from the kitchen!

2 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

good idea!

Janna said...

that's awesome! i need to get my kids more involved.

what are taco rolls???