Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch

Last week I took Preston & Brayden to a pumpkin patch and they had a blast. It was one of those days that helped me see the world through my kids eyes. When we got there Preston looked around, turned to me and hesitantly asked "can I run here?" when I told him he could run all he wanted he took off across the field with a huge grin on his face. After playing on the tire swing for a while he spotted the huge rolls of hay. He looked at me again and asked "can I climb on the hay?" when I told him he sure could you could see the amazement and excitement on his face. He is always being told to slow down and get down so this was a dream come true for him.


Later we went to the corn maze and as Preston does, he ran ahead of me and I couldn't find him. After about 20 minutes of wandering through the maze I started yelling for him and a few minutes later he appeared out of the middle. As we were walking back to the beginning he said "I was drunk when I went into the maze." I was caught off guard and took a deep breath to launch into a lecture about how he should not joke about things like that, wondering why he would say that. Instead I just said what do you mean? He replied "when I went into the maze I was drunk but I have been walking alot and now I'm really thirsty." It took all I had not to burst out laughing. It was one of those moments that make you want to squeeze your kid because they are so darn sweet!

2 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Angie - how fun!!! I love Preston's simple joy at being able to run free! He is SO CUTE!!! You are such a fun mom!!! I love your new blog colors!!! VERY festive!!!

Jennie's bunch said...

What a fun trip! It looks like your boys had a blast!!