Monday, May 2, 2011

No use crying over broken glass

We made it through 13 years and 4 kids with out any broken windows, that is until now. In the last month the kids have managed to break 4 windows. Austin took out two practicing lacrosse, Preston broke one with his head and the finale was my dining room bay window. Madyson was mowing the lawn, which we thought we had cleaned up. Unfortunately we missed an item. She was mowing by the swing set and hit a chain from the swing that was buried in the grass. If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it. The swing set is in the back of the yard about 100 feet from the house. The mower sent a piece of the chain flying and my window was what caught it. I was so thankful that none of the kids had been hit with the chain that I didn't even care about the window. I'm caring a little more now but I'm glad no one got hurt! Here is the giant hole that was left in the window:


No comments: