Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More days like that

Yesterday was one of those days that, when the day is finished, I think to myself, I wish we had more days like that. It started with Brayden waking up happy and all of the other kids getting up themselves. Everyone got ready for school on time without a single fight or complaint. I actually ran errands with both boys and Brayden did not throw a single fit in the store. He even sat and ate 3 pieces of chicken, ok he didn't exactly sit but he stood on the bench and didn't climb onto the table once and he actually ate. Preston found that his new toy did not work and didn't throw a fit. He was upset but handled it well. Brayden napped well and woke up happy, a rare thing. After school the big kids were playing in the neighborhood and I had to run an errand. Preston asked if he could go play with them and I hesitantly agreed. When I went to pick him up Austin said "no mom, he can stay, we're playing." This may sound like nothing but for those two it is HUGE! They have been struggling to get along and can rarely look at each other without fighting. For them to spend the afternoon together with Austin's friends was amazing. It gives me a glimmer of hope that someday they will be great friends. Madyson walked home from her friends with no complaints. Everyone ate what I fixed for dinner and was happy with it. I got to finish the night off with Bunko and a report when I got home that everyone did great. These are the great days that make remember and appreciate why I am a full time mom!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah for good days! They get you through all the "terrible, horrible,no good, very bad days!" (That's a children's book. I hope you've heard of it, or I sound like a total idiot right now).

Ashley Dickman said...

oh those are the best days... you even sleep better with days like that!

A Farmer's Wife said...

YAY! This sounds like an amazing day! You totally deserve for every day to be this way because you are such a wonderful person!!!

Jennie's bunch said...

Wow!! I can't remember the last time we had a day like that!! I hope you get MANY, MANY, more!!!