Monday, January 26, 2009

The ice has arrived

We thought we might be able to sneak by without an Oklahoma ice storm this year but looks like it found us. It's about 20 degrees and slick. I was very surprised this morning when I went out. I didn't think it had really hit yet but we were slipping & sliding. The kids are excited. We let Preston stay home and because Trent had to close the office he checked the other kids out early. Now they are just keeping their fingers crossed that school will be cancelled tomorrow. I can't say that I am hoping for the same thing. At least they enjoy being outside even in the cold. They have already had a blast jumping on the trampoline and breaking the sheet of ice!

4 comments:

Janna said...

Oh, good ole Oklahoma and our ice storms!! Let's just hope that we don't lose power, right?

A Farmer's Wife said...

I am SO glad we don't have ice storms here! I have a hard enough time with the snow packed roads and walk-ways! I hope you guys get to keep your electricity on! Keep us posted!

Jennie's bunch said...

Isn't this crazy!! I'm so glad you got your kids out early!! Mine were stuck on the bus. Parker and Megan didn't get home until 6pm!! A little scary!!!

arroyo fam said...

i trying to get the air conditioning fixed in my car cause it's been too warm lately.. it is winter, right?

so you know where to come to thaw out! = )

i love that you started a blog. it's so good to see your family growing. it also fun to see how big brayden is... Alana is right there with him.. they're both non stop. i'll post new pics soon.