Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love Brother He Loves Me

It is so interesting to watch my kids grown and see their relationships with each other. When they were little Austin and Madyson were so close and were best friends. They kept each other busy and always played together. Maybe it's because they were so close in age and had no one else around. They are still friends but don't depend on each other as much now that they are older.

When Preston came along I thought he and Austin would buddy up and when I had Brayden I thought Madyson would be his best bud. I guess it just goes to show you never know what to expect. Right now Austin and Preston butt heads more than they get along, yet Madyson and Preston love to be with each other. They play all the time and get along great.

Madyson loves Brayden too and definitely has a maternal instinct. She is a big help with him and he clings to her when I'm not around She is definitely his second mom.

I didn't think Austin would have much interest in Brayden but boy was I wrong. He can't get enough of him. If he's asleep, Austin wants to wake him up. He is always trying to haul him around and mess with him. He begs to sit by him and hold him in church. They are always wrestling, chasing each other around and making lots of noise. Brayden loves to call Austin on the phone and chat with him. Austin is a great big brother to him and calls him his mini-me. It's amazing to see the difference in the relationship he has with Brayden and Preston.

I'm sure over time their relationships will continue to change I just hope that at some point they will realize how lucky they are to have each other and that they will grow closer and closer!






4 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

LOVE the picture of Austin and Brayden cheesing! I hope that Kaden always has the protective/loving relationship with Emory that he does now!

Jen said...

Oh, those pictures of Austin and Brayden made me laugh so hard! It's Austin and his mini-me.

Liz said...

Your boys look like clones! They are so similar! I always thought it would be so cool to have 4 kids. Just to see the dynamic between them all.

Jennie's bunch said...

I love it when the kids get along! Austin and Brayden look so much alike!!:) So cute!!